2011/11/18

BR 2-04: Titanic (Vicary, 1999)

"The weather was good and there were thousands of stars in the night sky." (p. 4)

I chose this book because I was impressed by the film Titanic. It's fiction and a romance. I remember the story well though I watched it for the first time when I was an elementary school student. I like it, but I wanted to know the fact of the Titanic. I'm interested in the real story. 

The book describes what actually happened to the Titanic. It also described the film Titanic a little. I knew a new thing. When the Titanic hit the iceberg, the radio officer in it, who contacts with radio officers in other ships, tried to contact with them and ask for help soon. However, he can't do soon because radio was very new that time and they didn't listen to it all the time. Nobody in the nearest ship from the Titanic listen to it. Several hours later, the other ship came to it, but it could rescue a lot of people and they died.

After I read the book, I guessed people involved in the Titanic is filled in big regret. I thought more people might have been saved if the radio officer in nearest ship from it had found the emergency message. I'm sad that happy people in it were turned into unhappy that it sank. I wanted them to have a nice trip. If you want to know real story about the Titanic, you should read this book.

Reference: Vicary, Tim. (1999). Titanic. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

{265 words}

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿