2011/12/02

BR 2-06: Henry and Mudge and the snowman plan

"It said SNOWMAN CONTEST, SATURDAY AT THE PARK."

I chose this book because I wanted to read a picture book then. In addition, I wanted to read a book connected with winter because it's in winter. A snow scene is described in the cover of the book. I saw it, and I wanted to read it. It's cold in winter, but the story is warm.

The main character's name is Henry, who is a little boy. Henry's big dog Mudge is his good friend. One day, they found a sign in a store window. It's said SNOWMAN CONTEST, SATURDAY AT THE PARK. They decided to join it with his father. In the contest, Mudge was playing with some dogs there while they were making a snowman. After all, they could make a good one. Could they get a prize?

The story is bright and warm. The book describes love for family. I felt achieving somthing with someone was so important after I finished reading it. Doing it makes us warm even in a cold day. The story is simple, but it tells us an important thing.

Reference: Rylant, Cynthia. (2000). Henry and Mudge and the snowman plan. New York: Aladdin Paperbacks.

{206 words}

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿