2011/06/25

BR 1-08: Helping Around the World

I wanted to know helping activity in the world, so I chose this book.

I read it and I got a lot of information. For example, I had never known LifeStraws. They make dirty water clean and safe to drink. Charities give them to people who live in countries which have water enough to drink. I saw a picture of a person who drinks dirty water with a LifeStraw. I don't want to do because I expect I won't feel good even if I use it. However, I think people living in such countries so really need water to drink. We are truly living a comfortable life. Nowadays, Japanese people discuss whether nuclear electric power generation should continue to exist or not. If they continue to do, we can have a lot of electricity and live a comfortable life, but they sometimes become very dangerous. So, we need not live so richly because we have enough foods and drinks in Japan in spite that there also are people who have something enough to eat in some countries. We should put up with something.

As you can see, the book gives us an opportunity to think of the world and some things familiar to us. Your view of the world will spread if you had better read this book.


Reference: Medina, Sarah. (2010). Helping Around the World. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
(230 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿