2012/01/11

BR 2-14: Alissa (Moore, 2005)


"Alissa is reading."

I thought, "Who is Alissa?" at first. There is a girl hiding by a book in the book's cover. Is she cute? Is she poor? Why is the girl having the book? The picture of the cover was interesting for me when I found the book. The questions were solved after I read it.

The main character, Alissa, likes reading books. However, her family was so poor, so she was sent to the other people so that her father got money. She worked so hard in her owner's shop as if she had been a slave. However, she liked reading books and had read a lot of books, so she was smart and kind. She could read and write letters. She also treated the customers kindly. Nonetheless, she was treated so cruelly by her owner. One day, one of the customers found that problem and she decided to take care of Alissa. She brought her without paying money because she wasn't a slave.

The story has a happy end. I could know the answers after I read the book. I thought it was terrible that Alissa's father sold her to other people to get money. However, she was saved at last because she was kind and smart. I feel reading makes us smart from the book. Being smart leads us to a happy life. Reading a book is so important.


Reference: Moore, C.J. (2005). Alissa. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann ELT.

{242 words}

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿