2012/01/11

BR 2-15: Beauty & the Beast (Stowell, 2006)


"Beauty and the Prince were married the next day, in a church filled with roses." (p. 62)

I have watched the movie, "Beauty and the Beast," created by Disney, so I had known the story before I read the book. However, I expected the story in the book was a little different from one in the movie. I guessed I would enjoy the difference. In fact, it's in the book. I like both the story in the movie and one in the book.

The members of Beauty's family are her father and two sisters. Beauty is the youngest of her sisters. One day, her father arrived at Beast's castle when he was out to get things her sisters want. He ate meal in the castle and walked. Then, he was found by Beast. He ordered her father to give him his daughter if you want to save." The daughters were very important for him, so he decided to give his life to Beast. However, Beauty noticed his problem soon, and she went to Beast's castle alone in order to save him. She and Beast lived together. He proposed her several times, but she rejected. At last, she loved him and his curse was removed and he could return a handsome prince. He and Beauty were married.

The story in the book is different from one in the movie as expected. Both of them are so good stories. The stories are a wonderful love stories. I enjoyed reading the book, comparing the book version with the movie version. After I read it, I like the story better.

Reference: Stowell, Louie. (2006). Beauty & the Beast. London: Usborne.

{276 words}

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿